Many of Health Navigaid's services are described below. We provide these services on a fixed price, hourly or other basis depending upon the nature of our engagement. Health Navigaid offers a complimentary initial consultation for most of our services.
- Identifying pertinent questions that should be asked in preparation for a physician office visit or hospital stay.
- Accompanying you to a physician office visit to ensure that all questions are asked and answered in a manner that you understand.
- Supporting your right to receive appropriate, timely, safe, compassionate and financially responsible medical care during a hospital stay.
- Evaluating annual health plan options and related benefits elections.
- Serving as a sounding board and resource during diagnosis, treatment and recovery or post-treatment.
- Communicating appropriate medical information to family and friends.
- Searching for specialty providers, scheduling appointments and arranging for support services.
- Coordinating second surgical or medical opinions.
- Facilitating timely transfer of medical records.
- Assisting in selection of senior care or special needs services, facility arrangements and placements.
- Investigating and exerting best efforts to resolve delays in insurer authorizations for services and denials of claims for benefits.
- Representing you in internal and external appeals.
- Auditing medical bills to identify duplicate or other erroneous charges.
- Negotiating settlements (when feasible) in balance billings from health care providers.
- Estate administration services – resolving all open medical bills.
- Assisting you in selecting a physician or other health care provider.
- Informing you of your rights as a patient or health plan member, and supporting you in enforcing these rights.
- Researching credible resources to provide clear, credible and meaningful information that enables you to understand your medical condition and decide among treatment options.